A candidate for this position must have had at least 5 years of working hands on
experience in a backend/API development.
- Must have exceptionally good communication skills both in written and verbal
form. These skills are especially necessary in his supervisory role to junior
backend development teams, which will greatly determine their performance and
- Must also have had hands on experience programming in Java, SQL, Oracle and
Relational Database Design
- Expert understanding the usual web backend technologies such as Ajax, MVC
architecture, JSON, RESTful API, SOAP and Spring Framework/Log4J.
- In charge of designing and developing robust services that are in coordination
with frontend developers ensuring the production and development of
high-quality and well-tested code.
- To define and write remote APIs and design intelligent middleware components
to manage complex business processes and has an ability to read and write
- Optimizes APIs for any applications while creating and maintaining unit tests for
new code and fixing defects.
- Participates in the continuous integration of automated builds and deployments,
ensuring that deliverables meet functional and design requirements and
specifications of the site/software.
- Should be Familiar with GitHub/Maven/Jenkins/JIRA
- Takes initiative in developing and maintaining integrations of best practices within
the backend department.
- Will gather information on new and relevant technologies, documentation
practices, scalability, testing techniques, and refactoring, hence, constantly
improving the performance and efficiency of the department.
- Working in Cloud environments like AWS/GCP/Azure is optional.